Queso de Bola Crisps with Chocolate and Sea Salt
|2||cups||grated MAGNOLIA QUESO DE BOLA|
|6||tbsp||finely chopped dry roasted almonds (skin on)|
|120||grams||semi-sweet or dark chocolate, finely chopped|
|sea salt for sprinkling|
- Preheat oven to 350 °F. Line two large baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Toss cheese and almonds together in a bowl. Form 12 mounds of cheese mixture one each lined baking sheet, spacing them 3 inches apart. Using the back of the spoon, press down on each mound to form a 1/4 inch-thick circle. Place one baking sheet at a time on middle oven rack.
- Bake for 6 to 8 minutes or until golden. Remove from oven and let crisps cool on baking sheets. Once crisps are completely cooled, line a baking sheet with waxed paper.
- Toss chocolate with oil in a small bowl. Set the bowl over a pan of simmering water. Stir until chocolate is melted and smooth.
- Dip about one-third to one-half of each crisp into melted chocolate, hold a few seconds above chocolate then place on lined baking sheet. Sprinkle some sea salt over the chocolate. Let chocolate set before serving. You may put crisps in refrigerator or freezer to speed setting.