Herb Crusted Prime Rib with Garlic Confit Mashed Sauce
|3||pc||whole garlic, sliced in half|
|1||tbsp||iodized fine salt|
|1||tsp||all spice powder|
|1||tsp||iodized fine salt|
|1||kg||MONTEREY BEEF PRIME RIB, bone-in|
|1||tbsp||MAGNOLIA GOLD BUTTER|
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- For the garlic confit, arrange garlic in a small oven proof dish. Season with salt and pepper and pour oil. Cover with foil and cook in the oven for 1 hour. Mash garlic and set aside separately from the oil.
- In a mixing bowl, combine all the herb crust ingredients. Mix well. Set aside.
- Pat dry meat with paper towel. Rub both sides of meat with herb crust mixture. Set aside.
- In a medium size pan over high heat, add butter and oil. Brown meat for 2 minutes on each side then roast in the oven for 20 minutes covered with foil. Set aside and rest meat for 5 minutes.
- On a white plate, arrange cooked meat. Put mashed garlic on top of meat and pour oil from the garlic confit. Serve with mashed potato or mix vegetable on the side.
Makes 5-6 servings.