|6||pc||MAGNOLIA BROWN EGGS|
|3/4 cup||+2 tbsp||sugar|
|1/2||tbsp||iodized fine salt|
|2||cups||MAGNOLIA FULL CREAM MILK|
|4||pc||MAGNOLIA BROWN EGGS, use egg yolks only|
|2||tbsp||MAGNOLIA GOLD BUTTER UNSALTED|
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line a jelly roll pan with wax paper. Set aside.
- Beat eggs until fluffy. Add sugar gradually and continue beating until thick. Fold in dry ingredients and margarine. Pour over prepared pan and bake for 15 to 20 minutes. Cool and divide into 2.
- In a heavy bottomed saucepan, pour 1 cup milk and heat until simmering.
- Meanwhile, combine remaining milk with sugar, cornstarch and egg yolks. Whisk together until blended. Pour in a thin stream into hot milk.
- Cook over low heat, stirring constantly until thick. Add vanilla and butter. Continue cooking over low heat, stirring constantly for 5 minutes. Cool completely. Use as filling for inipit.
- Spread custard filing over half of sponge cake. Cover with remaining sponge cake. Cut into bars.